The Corson Crew

The Corson Crew

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Scary night!

Thursday evening I took Matthew out of the car from running errands and he felt like an oven. Thermometer read 104.4!! I freaked, called the doctors' answering service and threw Matthew in the tub. His temp dropped to 101 quickly and he started playing froggie! I tucked him into my bed so I could monitor him all night and he fell asleep right at 10. I took his temp again just to check and it was back up to 104! Off we were to the ER where we were checked in quickly and the rectal hospital temp registered 104.9! They gave him ibruprophen and we waited. The ER doctor said Dr. Crane was probably right and he had a sinus infection. Matthew's fever was obviously dropping because he started rearranging the ER toy closet next to our room. Nurses confirmed his temp had dropped to 102 and we were released with instruction to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours for next 24 hours.
He has improved greatly and hasn't had fever since Friday morning. But, a rash has appeared on his torso. I'm thinking he has roseola....but we will see what Dr. Crane says tomorrow.

No comments: